Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year to you and yours! (It's really January 20th today)

Goodness, I started this entry several weeks ago, and have been working bit by bit at it, but wasn't getting it done. I think I'm just going to send it like it is and start on another one. I'm so behind!

Well, it's been a very busy couple of weeks with work, Christmas, and New Years. We sure have enjoyed the holidays and spending time with family. My sister Sheriane was able to come and visit us for a week during Thanksgiving. It was so great to have her here! We were so sad to not be able to go to California during the holidays this year, so it was wonderful to have her come to us! We were all invited to go to Grandma and Grandpa Green's house for Thanksgiving dinner. We also spent some time over at Grandma Evans' house where Dad and Jerrilyn are staying until they go on their mission.

Here are a couple of pics from Thanksgiving and Christmas.


Here's Sheri, Me, and Joe looking through the Thanksgiving ads.













Here we are at Grandma Evans' house.




Joe's family got us, well the baby, this cute sock monkey for Christmas. Their dog, however thought it should have been his Christmas present. He wanted that thing soooo bad! He sat in front of us and literally shook and whimpered wanting it so much. It was hilarious! We finally had to hide it from him. Ha ha ha ha.


Here's the fam at Christmas Dinner. It was so great to see everyone!
Yep, it's been dang cold here... Joe is even incredibly cute when he's shoveling snow!























What is this California girl doing here?! Notice the 4 inches of ice build-up on the roof. I have to admit though, it sure is pretty, too (when I'm inside, cozy and warm, looking outside at it, he he).




















We are finally starting to thaw out, thank goodness. I'm sure it's not over yet though. :o)

We hope you are all doing great!

Love,
Joe & Kristen

1 comment:

Miss M said...

Kristen, it is good to hear from you again. The snow is beautiful. It was fun to see you with family too. Keep me updated on the pregnancy and such. Did you ever see my sweater that looked an awful lot like that sock monkey? If you look at my blog in the December entries you will see it.
Much Love
Melissa, Leighton and Olivia